[Zope-DB] Performance and Multiple Database Connections

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:10:04 +0100

Hello,

I am hubnting down a Databse-bogging bug, involving our zope-application and
it's ability to totally bog down the Oracle db that we use at the back-end.

FOR reasons now hard to understand, at some point we made the decision to
use at least 2 database connections for each database schema, sometimes up
to 4 or 6, depending where the schema is used in different parts/modules of
our zope application,

The 2 db connections per schema where supposed to be 1 for updating/deleting
data and 1 for selecting data.

Npw I am wondering - what happens if we use more than db connections at the
same time to acces the same database schema? what impact will it have on
Zope's connections with the database?

Could this be the reaosn our databse gets locked up when we use it from
zope?

Any insight is appreciated, as always.

Sincerely,

/dario
Dario Lopez-Kästen, dario@ita.chalmers.se        IT Systems & Services
System Developer/System Administrator     Chalmers University of Tech.