[Zope-DB] log sql generated

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:07:28 +0000

Hi,

I'm developing a Zope site using relational tables rather than objects
as zope products, and which involves a lot of quite complex sql.

(Zope 2.6.0, Python 2.1.3, Solaris 7, Oracle 8.1.5, DCOracle2)

Quite often in the development / debugging stage, the zsql doesn't work
as I'd like, and I just get back an oracle error, like 'ORA-01722:
invalid number', which doesn't help me much, as there are a number of
places this could be happening.

Is there a way of logging the sql generated by the ZSQL methods, so I
can locate the bug more easily?

or if I have to hack the source, which file would this be in?

TIA

Ben Avery
YouthNet UK