[Zope-DB] Re: ZOracleDA and Oracle sessions: bug?

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:09:44 -0400

[Removed cross-post to Zope]

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Well, I found one thing in ZOracleDA, which is built from the latest DCOracle2
>1.2 release. The problem is that when ZOracleDA opens a Oracle session and
>then I would like _close_ it, Zope says that connection is closed. But Oracle
>monitor shows me that connection is still exist and inactive. The inactive
>sessions still exists per long time: few days or so. After Zope restart all
>the Oracle sessions are removed.
>
>Matt, have you ommitted some cleaning after connection is closed or this is
>some Zope cache/bug/feature/whatelse?
>
>Should I search how to close and remove the session manually or this is just
>not implemented yet?

I suspect there's a cycle getting created somewhere, where the actual
connection object isn't being released.  Short of an explicit close() on
the connection object, the connection is actually only closed when the
connection object (the DCOracle2.py layer one) releases the C connection
object.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/