[Zope-DB] Re: ZOracleDA and Oracle sessions: bug?

Iain Bassam Iain.Bassam@sis.securicor.co.uk
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:17:10 +0100

If you need to kill the sessions in Oracle, query v$session for the sid and
serial#. Then issue alter system kill session '<sid>,<serial#>';

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew T. Kromer [mailto:matt@zope.com]
Sent: 14 October 2002 15:10
To: b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Cc: zope-db@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-DB] Re: ZOracleDA and Oracle sessions: bug?

[Removed cross-post to Zope]

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Well, I found one thing in ZOracleDA, which is built from the latest
DCOracle2
>1.2 release. The problem is that when ZOracleDA opens a Oracle session and
>then I would like _close_ it, Zope says that connection is closed. But
Oracle
>monitor shows me that connection is still exist and inactive. The inactive
>sessions still exists per long time: few days or so. After Zope restart all

>the Oracle sessions are removed.
>
>Matt, have you ommitted some cleaning after connection is closed or this is

>some Zope cache/bug/feature/whatelse?
>
>Should I search how to close and remove the session manually or this is
just
>not implemented yet?

I suspect there's a cycle getting created somewhere, where the actual
connection object isn't being released.  Short of an explicit close() on
the connection object, the connection is actually only closed when the
connection object (the DCOracle2.py layer one) releases the C connection
object.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Securicor
Information Systems by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@sis.securicor.co.uk

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended
only for the individuals named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should be aware that any
dissemination, distribution, forwarding or other duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual author
and not necessarily those of
Securicor Information Systems Limited.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message
you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by using the e-mail reply facility.

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Securicor Information Systems by the MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: mailsweeper.info@sis.securicor.co.uk