[Fwd: Re: [Zope-DB] Zope ODBC Database Adapter under python 2.2]

Martin Gebert Murphy@members.netsolution-net.de
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:33:41 +0200

--------------090905090207020002040104

--------------090905090207020002040104
 filename="Re: [Zope-DB] Zope ODBC Database Adapter under python 2.2"

Subject: Re: [Zope-DB] Zope ODBC Database Adapter under python 2.2
To: Martin Gebert <Murphy@members.netsolution-net.de>
From: "Edward A Armstrong" <earmstr2@csc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:06:03 -0400

This is probably more than you want to know, but since you asked...

I am running a relatively current  CVS version of Zope under Python 2.2 in
a production environment.  The reason for this is that due to corporate
standards we were mandated with running on the Windows NT platform.  We
discovered later that Python 2.1x does not support file sizes larger than 2
gigabytes under Windows, no way, no how, and our ZODB had already hit the
wall.  It was too late to ditch Zope and switching platforms was not an
option.  So I hacked around until I managed to get things working under
2.2.  We've been running for a couple of months now without any real
issues...

Now some users need ODBC access to MS SQL Server databases from their Zope
applications.

So.  I need some way of achieving ODBC connectivity under 2.2 and it seems
that Z ODBC DA is my only option at this point.

                    Martin Gebert
                    <Murphy                   To:     Edward A Armstrong/CEG/CSC@CSC
                    @members.netsoluti        cc:     zope-db@zope.org
                    on-net.de>                Subject:     Re: [Zope-DB] Zope ODBC Database Adapter under python 2.2

                    10/23/2002 03:59
                    PM

Edward A Armstrong schrieb:

>Is there any way to get this to work under Python 2.2 (don't ask; I don't
>have the luxury of being able to run 2.1x)?

Luxury? AFAIK, in order to run *any* Zope DA unter Python 2.2 you'll
have to convince Zope to run under Python 2.2, which should be the
harder part...?!?

>  If not, can I get a hold of
>the sources and attempt recompile/port this myself?

What exactly are you up to?

Martin

--------------090905090207020002040104--