[Zope-DB] Can't connect to MySQL database

Kolari S. Bhat kolari.s.bhat@vanderbilt.edu
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:13:03 -0500

Martin Gebert wrote:

> Kolari S. Bhat schrieb:
>
>> I have the following setup:
>> RedHat Linux 7.3
>> Zope 2-6-0 installed and working.
>> MySQL 4.0.4 installed from RPM; tested, works.
>> ZMySQLDA installed from ZMySQLDA-2.0.7.linux-i686.tar.gz
>

> Did you install the MySQLdb (Python adapter for MySQL), too?
>
> <http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/MySQLdb>

As I understand, ZMySQLDA-2.0.7.linux-i686.tar.gz already includes
MySQL-python module.  The later version (2.0.8) showed
 a dependancy for libmysqlclient_r.so.10.  I wasn't sure about this
dependancy; therefore stayed with version 2.0.7.

> BTW, current is ZMySQLDA 2.0.8...
>
>> Do I need to change ownership of /var/lib/mysql? If so what sort of
>> ownership should this directory have?
>

> Not that I know of. Can you connect with this connection parameters
> from the MySQL client (executed from a shell as normal user)?
>
> Martin

Yes, from console, as normal user, I am able to select 'test' database.

Kolari