[Zope-DB] Can't connect to MySQL database

Martin Gebert Murphy@members.netsolution-net.de
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:36:24 +0200

Kolari S. Bhat schrieb:

> Martin Gebert wrote:
>

>> Kolari S. Bhat schrieb:
>>
>>> I have the following setup:
>>> RedHat Linux 7.3
>>> Zope 2-6-0 installed and working.
>>> MySQL 4.0.4 installed from RPM; tested, works.
>>> ZMySQLDA installed from ZMySQLDA-2.0.7.linux-i686.tar.gz
>>

>> Did you install the MySQLdb (Python adapter for MySQL), too?
>>
>> <http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/MySQLdb>
>

> As I understand, ZMySQLDA-2.0.7.linux-i686.tar.gz already includes
> MySQL-python module.

Ah, it's a binary. OK, I didn't realize that...

> The later version (2.0.8) showed
> a dependancy for libmysqlclient_r.so.10.  I wasn't sure about this
> dependancy; therefore stayed with version 2.0.7.

Maybe that's the point? What about compiling MySQLdb from source?
Another issue could be your MySQL version. I'm not sure if ZMySQLDA is
ready for MySQL 4.x... Could you check that, please? I use it with
3.23.52 w/o problems...

> Yes, from console, as normal user, I am able to select 'test' database.

OK, just wanted to be sure.

Martin