[Zope-DB] mxDateTime result

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:56:53 +0100

Charlie Clark wrote:
> On 2002-10-30 at 16:49:13 [+0000], you wrote:
>
>>Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>>>Use an external method or refer to the README.txt in the PythonScripts
>>>folder.
>>
>>Isn't that a bit silly ? mxDateTime instances are immutable. There's
>>nothing you could do to trick the system into any security problems.
>

> Zope's security checking on scripts isn't something anybody's proud of. It
> would be nice not to have to distinguish between PythonScripts (which are
> pretty cool, I must admit) and ExternalMethods (cool but with more of an
> overhead for us impetuous people).
>
> How's the ODBC-DA doing?

Coming along nicely: The code is there and working great. What's missing
is some nice docs to go with it (in addition to the 100k HTML for the
underlying mxODBC).

BTW, in the Zope DA for mxODBC we convert mxDateTime values back
to Zope's DateTime to avoid any such issues.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH