[Zope-DB] Types between zsql methods and postgresql types

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:14:54 +0200

Russell Hires writes:
 > It's the part where I have to identify the types: I've got postgresql
 > identifying a column's datatype as "money", but zope's zsql methods don't
 > have this type, nor do they seem to have the "boolean" type.
Zope does not understand these non-standard types.

Please use only types defined by SQL 92 (I think).

Depending on the Python-Postgres adapter, you may be able to
register the conversion for non-standard types.
But, maybe, this will not be necessary...

Dieter