[Zope-DB] ZODBC dictonaries

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:39:43 +0200

Oliver Marx wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Oliver Marx wrote:
>>> And it will be released under which license?
>> The eGenix.com Commercial License; the exact pricing isn't decided
>> yet, but it will be a very reasonable amount per Zope installation.
 >
> Then it is of very little interest, but we may for a period be forced to
> use it. We wish to release our product under a Open Source license which
> will conflict with the egenix Commercial License.

As I understand the concept of Zope DAs, these are components
which the user can install at will. The interfaces are standardized
so switching DAs shouldn't be a problem for the user, provided
that the applications built on top stick to the standard
interfaces.

That kind of strategy has proven to work well in the past
(certainly in the ODBC driver world and in general for middleware),
so I don't see any problem with licenses.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH