[Zope-DB] OracleDB

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:59:58 -0400

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:

>Hello.
>I have the following query. Is it possible somehow use it under Zope in the
>standard way?
>

>lc_message:=PM.PM_08.INSERT_REQUEST(
>p_pjs_id,      /*Required NOT NULL NUMBER*/
>p_swv_id,      /*Required NOT NULL NUMBER*/
>p_Request_Type,/*Required NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30) VALUES: BUG , REQUEST*/
>p_Topic,       /*Required NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)*/
>p_Synopsis,    /*Required NOT NULL VARCHAR2(200)*/
>p_Description, /*Required NOT NULL VARCHAR2(4000)*/
>p_Prty,        /*Required NOT NULL NUMBER HIGH=10, LOW=1, NONE =0*/
>p_Deadline,    /*NOT Required DATE*/
>p_Private);    /*NOT Required NOT NULL VARCHAR2(3) VALUES: YES, NO*/
>
>IF lc_message IS NOT NULL THEN
>   Error !
>END IF;

DCOracle2 includes Zope Z Oracle Stored Procedure objects which you can
use for this sort of purpose, although you can't have an anonymous
PL/SQL block like you have here, you can directly call
PM.PM_08.INSERT_REQUEST, passing it arguments and getting back the
result from python scripts etc. via the stored procedure object.

Permissions on stored procedures explicitly don't include execute
permission by default, so if you're making a public procedure make sure
you change the permissions.