[Zope-DB] Re: ZMySQLdb

Martin Gebert Murphy@members.netsolution-net.de
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:27:41 +0200

Eron Lloyd schrieb:

> Thanks for the reply. I am using the mysql.com binaries for 4.0.12, and I have
> verified that the header files are present in mysql/include, which is
> included in setup.py in the list of paths searched through. There doesn't
> seem to be a configure script because distutils is used for building &
> installation. Guess I'll have to dive deeper and see what I find.
> mysql-python hasn't been updated in almost 9 months...perhaps I should
> investigate in an alternative adapter/database to connect Zope with.

OK, there is no configure script, allright. Didn't have that in mind, it is a while ago when I installed mysql-python...
I guess it wouldn't be easy to find another MySQL-DA for Zope which is as good as ZMySQLDA.

But (from your initial posting):

-I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/local/include/mysql -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql

None of this paths points to /usr/local/mysql/include ! I'd recommend to check your settings in setup.py again.

Martin