[Zope-DB] HEEELP! my zope has become virtually unusable

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:25:05 +0200

Tena Sakai wrote at 2003-4-2 11:13 -0800:
 > My zope (Zope-2.5.1-solaris-2.6-sparc) has become virtually unusable.
 > The problem appears that it is unable to update
 > icons on client machines.  This morning, I stop'ed and (re-)start'ed
 > it on the server and when I logged on from a browser (mozilla) it gave
 > me an authentication dialog prompt instantly, but then the it took 17+
 > minutes for the right-hand side window to get painted

I have seen things like this twice.

In both case, a database adapter was responsible. It tried to connect
to database on an offline host.

This is a bug in Zope's DA implementation. It should not try
to open a connection when it is loaded from ZODB.
You find a bug report in "http://collector.zope.org/Zope".

However, your problem might have a different cause.

I would use my ZopeProfiler product and check where Zope spends
its time. You may need to choose the "realtime timer".

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Dieter