[Zope-DB] Zope DBs and Windows

Cliff Quinn cquinn@fishAbility.biz
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:19:30 -0800

On 4 Apr 2003 at 7:40, you wrote:

> I am running Windows 98 and Zope 2.6.1.  I would like to construct a web

Me too.

> application which would make heavy use of a database and would like to use
> mySQL.  The documentation I have read indicates that getting mySQL and Zope
> to work on a windows box is difficult at best; is this still the

Zope is a breeze, I have never had a problem. I am actually running MySQL on a
linux box, but am accessing it through the Zope on windows using the standard
zMySQL DA, which had a few hiccups on installation but was not terrible. I have
used ODBC as well with success.

> I could use the gadfly database packaged with Zope to get my prototype up

I think it's easy enough to install the MySQL that you should work on it. There is a
nice Windows management interface to MySQL as well, and I use my MsAccess
and ODBC to load stuff into the MySQL database.

Cliff

fishAbility Management and Communications
Cliff Quinn and Sam Quinn
Victoria, BC, Canada (250) 727-7879
http://fishAbility.biz/