[Zope-DB] per user connection with SQLRelay

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri Aug 1 14:50:35 EDT 2003

Well, thats the right general idea.

The problem is that when it needs to connect, you're going to have to
lean on an acquisition wrapper somewhere to locate some thread globals
(ie AUTHENTICATED_USER) and grab state based on that user key.

You basically do not have the opportunity to prompt for the SQL userid &
password, so you need to get those values established in advance by
another page, and stored in a persistent object keyed on authenticated
user so you can pick it up later.

Needless to say, I dont like storing passwords, even in memory.