[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 memory leak found

Matthew T. Kromer matt at zope.com
Wed Aug 27 12:08:05 EDT 2003

Just FYI,

Mihai Ibanescu was able to spot at least one memory leak in DCOracle2.
I've already made one patch on my system which stops the leak that I can
reproduce, but the leak is much more severe on his Oracle 9.2 system.  I
am running Oracle 9.0.1 not 9.2, so I have not been able to reproduce
the larger problem (which he still reports seeing).

There is a CVS checkin already that halts the leak I was able to observe.

I do recommend doing a CVS checkout if you are a DCOracle2 user to get
the patch.  The leak for me amounted to about 40 bytes/query -- but
Mihai is seeing something much larger.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/