[Zope-DB] Trouble with result objects traversal

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Dec 3 15:32:42 EST 2003

John Coleman wrote at 2003-12-3 13:49 -0500:
 > Should have written back with this sooner...Thanksgiving and all.  :)
 >
 > Here is my traceback from
 > http://server:8080/registrar/schedule/course/crn/10002
 >
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 89, in publish
 >    Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 358, in traverse
 >    Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA, line 569, in __getattr__
 > KeyError: _r
 >
 > Am I misunderstanding a ZOPE fundamental here?  I am trying something
 > explicitly stated to work in The ZOPE Book...

The code in "Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py" is not easy to grasp...

Obviously, "self._r" has not yet been defined.
This can happen when the Z SQL Method requires more than
one argument.

There might be other reasons (e.g. misspelled argument name)
but the code was too difficult...
Single stepping through an erroneous behaviour would be necessary
(for me) to understand what happens...

--
Dieter