[Zope-DB] SQLite connector?

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Mon Dec 8 03:54:54 EST 2003

On Sunday 07 December 2003 01:07, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> I'm interested in using SQLite in Zope, after having tried it with
> SQLObject. It seemed to me like a very nice replacement for Gadfly,
> for small deployments, and the same was suggested on this list a more
> than a year ago [1]. Anyone knows if there is any Zope DA for SQLite
> available somewere, or if someone has interest in building one?

IMNSHO, SQLite -- sux. I think (NOTE: this is my *personal* opinion): this is
quite silly have small-and-wrong DB, while we have not less powerfull ZODB.
Who need a toy, which is good only for small address book? Yes, SQLite fast.
So what? But this is only the option which is good for...

I'd like have everything in ZODB and have really robust mechanism to do it.
ZOQL from SRichter is really good idea, but it is *slow*.

I think, if somebody need to operate with huge amount of data, then real RDBMS
is needed. But *good* RDBMS, like PostgreSQL (but quite slow), Progress,
Sybase, Oracle...

--
Regards, Bogdan M.Maryniuck

System programmer, Forbis UAB