[Zope-DB] Re: ZOracleDA again...

Doug Winter dwinter at icpeurope.net
Mon Dec 8 13:39:35 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:47:11 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:

> Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
>>
>> I had experienced such annoyance: e.g. I have standard out-of-the-box
>> ZOracleDA (latest Matt's oficial release, no any CVS snapshots). I have a
>> standard Z_Oracle_Connection object somewhere.
>
> It would be great if you could give this branch a go:
> http://cvs.zope.org/Products/DCOracle2/?only_with_tag=chrisw_fixconnectionleak_branch

Obviously the instant I post separately about this particular problem, I
see this :)

I've just deployed this in test and then production (I really need this
fix!) and made the various code changes required (using db.query() instead
of db.cursor.execute(), which I presume is in fact canonical), and I can
report that it is working.

Watching the oracle connections on the oracle server side, it appears
to be happily releasing connections, keeping a single connection open per
zope server.  I've put some load on it too, and it seems to be reusing
connections correctly.

I'll keep my eye on it for the rest of the week and followup later and let
you know how it's going.  Thanks muchly for your effort!

Cheers,

Doug

020 79610341 / 07879 423002 / dwinter at icpeurope.net
3 Waterhouse Square, Holborn Bars, 142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NX
www.businesseurope.com   www.icpeurope.net   www.venturedome.com
1024D/1AB26B8C C88E DC6D A578 DEFB C493  A44D 0156 0479 1AB2 6B8C