[Zope-DB] ZMySQLDA installation

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Dec 22 13:30:27 EST 2003

Xavier Poirier wrote at 2003-12-22 10:02 +0100:
>En réponse à Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>:
>
>I've successfully installed Python-MySQL
>I' ve successfuly compiled now the ZMySQLDA sources, but :
>
>When I do the import command into python this is what I have :
>
>ImportError: ./MySQLmodule.so: undefined symbol: compress
>
>What does this mean ?

Looks like a missing library reference.

Shared object ("*.so") linking is sensitive to missing libraries.
Because many symbols cannot (yet) be resolved (e.g. all
symbols from Python), the linker cannot detect a missing
library reference. A missing reference leads to "undefined symbol"
error when the shared object is loaded.

The missing compress is probably defined in "libz".
Thus, you link command almost surely lacks an "-lz"
library reference.

--
Dieter