[Zope-DB] ZpsycopgDA installation

Le grande pinguin rm@mh-freiburg.de
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:01:34 +0100

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:56:23PM +0100, Charlie Clark wrote:

> On 2003-02-10 at 13:59:16 [+0100], Leonardo Fernandes wrote:
> >
> > make
> > make install
> > make install-zope
> >
> > all with success. How do I connect to my databases from Zope now? Zope
> > doesnt show any option to add a ZpsycopgDA connection or interface.
>
> Great to know you're getting there!
>
> > Sorry if some people think these matters shouldnt be discussed here.
>
> Ah, well this really is a zope issue ;-) though not really a DB one!
> Have you installed the ZpsycopgDA in the products folder?

Shouldn't '--with-zope=/home/local/zope/' and 'make install-zope' ?

> Check in the
> control panel for installed products. You may need to do this and restart
> Zope.

Yes, restarting Zope _is_ neccessary. Also, check the file permissions for
the ZpsycopgDA product (/home/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZpsycopgDA/ ).
After restarting Zope, can you see '*.pyc' files corresponding to the
'*.py' files in that folder?

 hth Ralf Mattes