[Zope-DB] DCOracle2, Oracle, and NLS

Johnny Wezel j@netfeed.ch
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:04:32 +0100 (CET)

I'm having trouble getting data with national characters (=E4=F6=FC etc) =
into Oracle.

While TOAD, the Oracle admin tool on Windows, displays data always right =
(no
matter whether I'm using VARCHAR2 or NVARCHAR2 or whatever), data from Zo=
pe gets
in the wrong way (=E4=F6=FC enters as dv|), no matter which data type I u=
se. Also data
entered with TOAD displays the wrong way (=E4=F6=FC shows as aou in Zope).

Setting NLS_LANG (eg. AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 or AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO885=
9P1) in
the Zope start command has no effect, while with sqlplus it has the desir=
ed
effect.
I suspect DCOracle2 does the trouble, or has somebody ever used it with n=
ational
characters getting in and out of Oracle right?

Cheers,
Johnny Wezel

--=20
Johnny Wezel