[Zope-DB] DCOracle2, Oracle, and NLS

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:34:08 +0100

From: "Johnny Wezel" <j@netfeed.ch>

> I'm a blockhead, I misspelled NLS_LANG.
>
> BUT now, the national characters only display right in a form. In normal
HTML,
> they are replaced by a '?'. BUT if I test the query providing the data in
Zope,
> the characters are displayed ok. What am I missing? I tried html_quote in
> dtml-var tags, but it didn't help.
>
> Cheers
> Johnny

do you use Internet Explorer, latest version? Have you defined a language of
your preference in "Internet Properties -> General Tab -> Languages button"?

If not, that perhaps might be the cause of problems. I had similar problems
with mailman, where I didn't want to have a preferred language. Ultimately I
had to define a language in order to acces Windows Update, which won't work
if you don't have a preferred language.

After doing that, problems disappeared in mailman web pages.

Not sure if it will help you, but might be worth a try.

hth,

/dario