[Zope-DB] sqlvar tag for text

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:11:46 +0100

Alex Cowan wrote:
> Sorry that some of you will get this twice (I did reply to
> instead of reply
> to all)
>
> I can provide several
>
> guestbooks, bulletin boards, application forms, news systems
>
> Anything which requires you to use more than 1 line of text (and keep
> formatting in tact).

Thanks for the examples. I had in mind examples of problematic strings ;-).

Regarding newlines issues, in case you are not aware of it, forms can use
the conversion parameter 'text' (instead of 'string') to deal with
differences in how newlines are represented by different browsers. This
parameter will make sure the data will arrive correctly to a zsql method.

There still might be issues with quotations, of course. I have not tried it
out, but I was under the assumption type='string' would be smart enough to
deal with it??

Cheers,
Fernando