[Zope-DB] DCOracle2

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:32:39 +0200

On Thursday 09 January 2003 19:48, centershock@t-online.de wrote:
> I got a problem with DCOracle2 Module... I want to connect to a Oracle
> Database through an external Method!=20
No. You want to connect to a ODB through Zope, using=20
ZOracleDatabaseConnection. Using EM -- ugly, slow, hard to support etc.

> In a Python-Console my script runs
> well but if I run it through an external Method I got the following
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: 'DCOracle2' module has no attribute 'connect'
It is because you haven't set Oracle's environment. ORACLE_HOME is somewh=
ere=20
missed.

> Hmm... If there's someone OutaSpace who knows this Problem please mail
> me. Its very important for me to connect the DB over an external
> Methode! Give peace and answers to all the NewBies....
Is it good enough to read this document before ask=20
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html to let us know:
1. Why you need to connect Oracle via *External Method*?
2. Which operating system you use?
3. Which Oracle version you use?
4. How Oracle Client is setuped?
5. ...

P.S. And stop this "...######..." nonsense to reduce our expensive traffi=
c. :)
--=20
Regards, Bogdan

Q:      Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
A:      To prevent the sensible ones from going home.