[Zope-DB] Creating Search Interfaces to MySQL Databases

Deb B. intranetdeb@yahoo.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:58:35 -0800 (PST)

--0-1815892386-1042563515=:63220

I am running Zope 2.5.x and have built several databases in MySQL. I have successfully built interfaces to ADD, EDIT, LIST information in the MySQL databases through the site, but can't seem to determine the best route (or any route) for building database SEARCH interfaces for my users. I don't always want to build custom reports for them--I want to give them the flexibility to search on the MySQL databases via the browser too. Does anyone know the right HTML/DTML, etc. code for a search box and advanced search interface that would allow this? I also need to know how to structure the results pages.

Thanks! (BTW, I'm not a programmer...just a sole IT person for a small company...so please respond accordingly--translation, "in detail and in plain english"...lol.)