[Zope-DB] Oraclestorage

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:32:59 +0200

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 14:29, Ben Avery wrote:
> I'm currently using filestorage, and haven't had any problems with it, =
but
> I'm a little worried by occasional strangenesses reported in the
> 'Goblins of Zope' thread currently running on the zope@zope.org mailing
> list.

Do you think Oracle has no Goblins? OTOH, if you have critical data, it s=
hould=20
be stored in DB, but whole site might be in ZODB without a problem. "Gobl=
ins=20
of Zope" is not what we have each day: it was just occasional few horros=20
stories per few people and nothing more. The same horror (or success) sto=
ries=20
you can found about ANY piece of software, which  exists on the Earth...

What I reccommend you is only three points:
1. Backups
2. Backups
3. Backups

--=20
Regards, Bogdan

If C gives you enough rope to hang yourself, C++ gives you enough rope
to bind and gag your neighborhood, rig the sails on a small ship, and
still have enough rope left over to hang yourself from the yardarm.