[Zope-DB] Re: ZPsycopgDA (version 1.0.13) problems

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:47:32 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote at 2003-1-20 22:59 +0100:
 > Not sure I follow here: if max_rows is given as argument, then
 > it should limit the number of rows in the result set. Passing
 > in a value of 0 will result in no rows being returned.
 >
 > > Interpreting "0" as "do not return any results" is not useful.
 >
 > Depends on what you expect :-) Assigning a special value to
 > 0 is not very useful either.
"ZOracleDA" and "ZMySQLDA" interprete "0" as "no limit".

It is useful, to be able to specify no limit
(while it seems stupid to specify "no tuples")

 > Passing None as max_rows to mean "no limits" is much more
 > meaningful here, IMHO.
The problem here is, that the value should be changable by the ZMI.
There, "None" for "no limits" and an integer for "that many rows"
is not very good, as the content managers may not know Python.

Dieter