[Zope-DB] DCOracleStorage multiple DB connections?

Randy Jay Yarger ryarger@webelite.com
28 Jan 2003 09:36:02 -0500

Howdy,

Does anyone know if DCOracleStorage is supposed to, or can, use multiple
simultaneous connections to Oracle? From DB.py it seems that Zope itself
is supposed to use up to 7 Oracle connections, but on my rather loaded
site, I'm only seeing one. This generally isn't a problem, but when
someone hits something large, such as a folder listing with 10k plus
items in it through /manage, it freezes up the site for everyone until
it's done.

On the positive side, DCOracleStorage and Zope in general, has been a
great win here. My company (Web Elite (www.webelite.com)) just launched
a public site and an intranet for Washtenaw County, Michigan (home of
Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan). Zope won out for the CMS over
the usuals (Interwoven, Vignette, etc.) and except for this performance
problem has been a big hit!

Thanks!
-Randy Yarger
ryarger@webelite.com