[Zope-DB] ODBC

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:45:48 +0100

On 2003-01-29 at 22:15:34 [+0100], Zamboni wrote:
> Hi,
> I need connect in Database Progress with ODBC driver but i use 2 server.
> 1- Zope + ZODBC Adapter
> 2- Server Progress (DBR)
>
> I need make one conection string remote.
>
> See the example:
>
> DNS@ipserver:port user passwd
>
> haw meke it?
= "how make it?" = "how do I do this? [if I may correct your English]

If I understand you correctly you shouldn't have any problems. It doesn't
matter to Zope or ODBC where the RDBMS is as long as we know it's address
and it's port is available. The instructions for this are contained in the
DA.

The DNS@ipserver part suggests to me, however, that the server you want to
call has a dynamic address. Is this the case or am I reading too much into
this?