[Zope-DB] Permission denied for users in Manger role

Robert Van Overmeiren vanoverr@uniteddrugs.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:45:07 -0700

Hello,

What forum should I post a question/issue about Zope security policies?

Scenario:
I have a web app with a form in a folder and I removed "Aquire permission
settings" from the "View" permission and added the perm to the "Manager"
role. The folder with the form also has an "acl_users" folder and contains
users defined as "Managers". When I browse to the form in Inet Explorer, I'm
prompted to log in.

Issue:
When I log in as one of the defined "Managers", I get three strikes then I'm
out (permission denied). Why don't the logins work?

More Info:
I can set the "View" perm to "Anonymous" and access the form without being
prompted to log in. I, as "Owner", can log in when the "Owner" perm is
enabled and can't when its disabled. So, the security framework partially
works, but seems to be missing something. I've tried granting "View"
permission to users in the "Manager" role on a simple HTML page I imported
into Zope and can't get access to that as a "Manager" either.

Have other developers had this problem?

Thx,
Bob Van