[Zope-DB] Hello!

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:31:20 +0200

On  Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:07:36 +0100 GMT (..18:07 where i live(GMT+2) )
Philip Kilner asked the Zope-DB mailinglist about the following:

> I've just subscribed, primarily becuase I am monumentally stuck in
> getting ZPT/Plone to talk to an RDBMS. I cannot "suss" the equivalent
> steps in this environment to those I am used to taking with DTML.

> Does anyone have any pointers to get me going?

Where in the process are you stuck ?

1 - make a DB-connection, test it :)
2. make a ZSQlmethod, test it
3. make a (simple) pagetemplate to display the restults from 2
   something like this snippet should get you somewhere :)
      <strong tal:content="sqlresults/variable2" />

--
Geir Bækholt