[Zope-DB] ZSQL parallelism problem

Kent Hoxsey khoxsey@earthlink.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:11:39 -0700 (GMT)

> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> It's possible that your queries are locking the database or
> part of it, or that the two queries introduce a dead-lock
> situation. That shouldn't stop Zope from serving non-database
> related requests, though.

A few more details: the queries are against an Oracle 8 (not 8i)
database, make no data modifications, and complete in the
expected amount of time.

I'm not seeing any unusual activity, except for the fact that the
main Zope process seems to block. I have a ton of memory on the
machine, and the cpu is basically idle waiting for the db to
return, so I'd be very happy to consume resources and still have
requests satisfied.

I thought that increasing the number of threads would fix things,
but it hasn't changed anything. Could this be a Windows issue?

It's looking like I'm going to have to spend some time in the
debugger to figure this thing out.

Kent