[Zope-DB] Problem retrieving data from LONG field

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:10:14 +0200

Eric Burgess wrote:
> I am using this SQL query:
> select message from lsr_message
> where id = <dtml-sqlvar in_id type="string">
>
> The "message" field is of type LONG, and is not returned.
> If I SELECT * instead, the other fields are returned
> properly, but not MESSAGE.  I have tried the
> "message.read()" syntax that is shown for LOBs, but it
> gives me an attribute error.
>
> I'm using the following versions:
> DCOracle2 1.3 beta (1.2 behaved the same)
> Oracle 8.1.7.3.0
> Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
> 2.1.3, win32 (Win2k Pro)

Note that on Windows you may also want to try the mxODBC Zope DA
together with the Oracle ODBC driver from Oracle or Microsoft.

That setup is easy to install and can save you a lot of trouble.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 03 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        21 days left