[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-DCOracle2 vs Tomcat-JDBC performance

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:42:48 +0200

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote at 2003-6-4 23:10 +0200:
 > > > Try using the -t option to Zope's start to increase the number of
 > > > threads by a small amount (say, -t 8).
 > >
 > > Be there, done that.
 >=20
 > We have very similar problems. We have 4 threads. 3 of them are usuall=
 > constantly frozen (ie they have been on hold for like 70.000 seconds, =
and so
 > on), so Zope effetively is running in one thread.

Can you check what these threads are doing?
This may be possible with a thread sensitive debugger.
Analyse the backtraces of the various threads.

Several years ago, working with Oracle 8.i, we had some
queries that took days to execute.
This has been Oracle's fault.
A large class of queries was affected that combined
a relational subquery with a fulltext subquery.

Dieter