[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-DCOracle2 vs Tomcat-JDBC performance

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:11:01 +0200

Umberto Nicoletti wrote at 2003-6-10 14:07 +0200:
 > >  > However, there still seems to be problems with queries that take a long time
 > >  > to execute. It seems that the DA sort of looses the connection to the
 > >  > database and just sits there hanging.
 > >
 > > More likely: the long running query blocks its thread until it finished.
 > > When you have more of them, Zope will stop responding (because
 > > all worker threads are waiting for database responses).
 > >

 > That's possible, but then why JSP-JDBC does not block for the same
 > amount of time, provided that both queries are the same and the hw/os
 > identical?

I do not know.

  I never stressed a JSP-JDBC connection and do not know how it
  is implemented.

  It may be that your JSP setup is ready to create more threads.
  (You could do this for Zope, too. You must increase the
  thread number ("-t" parameter to "z2.py") *and* the
  number of ZODB connections (best to be done in "custom_zodb.py").

Dieter