[Zope-DB] How big can the ZODB get and how does it scale?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:10:10 +0200

Jet Wilda wrote at 2003-6-24 09:35 -0400:
 > 	We are looking at using Zope and debating between using ZODB or
 > a relational database.  The questions we have is how big can the ZODB
 > get and how does the size affect speed and performance?

Please search the mailing list archives...

There is almost no performance penalty for a large ZODB.

Toby claims that the RAM requirement increases linearly with
the number of objects in the ZODB (because there is an index
entry for each such object and (according to Toby) the index
must be kept in memory).

Dieter