[Zope-DB] Text in Query Question

Rima Gerhard zopasta@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:41:55 +0000

Hi all,

sorry for the lame subject line, but I really didn't know how to express my
problems in just a few words. Here is what I was wondering: it is pretty
often the case that one stores text inside a table, which is then displayed
on a website. Now what happens if inside of that text I would like to insert
another query? Say that I have a table called "artshows" which has a column
description. In the description, I want to query another table and insert
something like
"The artshow is taking place at <span tal:repeat="in
python:root.selectLocation(art_id='23')"><a href="link" tal:attributes="href
in/linktowebpage">location</a></span>.

Right now, the query inside of the columns doesn't get executed by Zope.
Does anyone have any idea how to work around this problem?
Thanks!!
-rima.