[Zope-DB] HELP: sql.pyd in ZODBCDA-Zope2.6.2b3 w/ Python2.2.3 on Win32 fail ing

Samir Mishra SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:51:36 +0400

Ditto here, no problems with Zope/Python 2.2. Without going into =
details. I
compiled Zope from source on Win32 using MinGW (lot of tweaking =
required to
clean up after) and have Zope running against vanilla Python 2.2.3 from
Python.org. Only things that don't work are items compiled specifically =
for
Python 2.1 (e.g., ZODBC DA). In fact, the combination is working great =
with
the SAP DC, SAP again running on Win32.

And one does not need to do any of the things I did above - in =
'start.bat',
changing the path to the Python executable usually works. I didn't test =
this
too thoroughly, because at that point I went with the 'build from =
scratch'
approach.

And I'm neither very experienced or very good at all this stuff (more =
from
the business side of the tracks). So if anyone thinks Zope won't run =
with
Python 2.2, please try it first.

BUT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE: read details on Zope.org on why this is NOT
recommended.=20

Anyway back to my original posting, can anyone help me get ZODBC DA =
working?
We use MS SQL server at work and that's the only way we can access the =
DB.
Or are there alternatives?

TIA. Again.

Samir.