[Zope-DB] ZPsycopgDA Connections and Refreshed Zope Products

Federico Sevilla III jijo@free.net.ph
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:14:59 +0800

Hi Dieter,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 10:20:59PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Usually, Zope's DA instances open a connection as soon they are loaded
> into memory (from ZODB). When the instance is flushed from cache, the
> connection should be closed again.

Ok. Thank you for shedding light on this matter. :)

> The ZODB maintains a pool of connections, each with its own private
> cache. Each cache can hold a (copy of) the DA instance, each with its
> database connection.  The default number of connections is 7 although
> the number of threads is an upper bound if it is smaller.

Hmm... I wonder what explains the ~70 connections I had to the same
database with the same user (based on how things are set up now, that
means exactly one DA). Anyway, I will continue to observe things
especially when I am not refreshing my product anymore. I hope things
work well post-development. :)

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  : http://jijo.free.net.ph      : When we speak of free
Network Administrator : The Leather Collection, Inc. : software we refer to