[Zope-DB] Assign query result(nextval) to variable

Israel Carr icarr@compxnet.com
Fri, 2 May 2003 11:01:40 -0400

I'm trying to grab the nextval of a sequence to write to records containing
this value into multiple tables.  I can obtain the nextval using:

select nextval('project_sequence_id_key'::text);

How do I assign this obtained value to a variable that can be inserted into
columns?
Below is a of the ZSQL method I'm trying to test with and the error I
receive.  Let me know if I'm out in left field or beyond!

<dtml-var projid>
projid = "select nextval('project_sequence_id_key'::text);"

<dtml-var sql_delimiter>

INSERT INTO project
  (proj_leader, vend_id, vend_name, vend_leader, po_date)
VALUES
  (<dtml-sqlvar proj_leader type="string">,
   <dtml-sqlvar vend_id type="int">,
   <dtml-sqlvar vend_name type="string">,
   <dtml-sqlvar vend_leader type="string">,
   <dtml-sqlvar po_date type="string">
);

<dtml-var sql_delimiter>

INSERT INTO memo