[Zope-DB] egenix ODBC DA spontaneously closing

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:15:25 +0200

Charlie Clark wrote:
> On 2003-05-14 at 07:53:31 [+0200], Bob Wheldon wrote:
>
>>Hi Wade,
>>
>>I also had problems: can you recommend the best Database Connector to use
>>with PostgreSQL with Windows 2000?
>

> I use psycopg and it's generally okay on Windows (there's a binary) but I'm
> not happy with it on Linux: I have some weird, transient problems with
> DateTime string formatting. I'm going to try and upgrade to a more recent
> version and see if that helps if not I will consider moving to mxODBC/iODBC
> as it seems "release early, release often" isn't good for DAs and it's
> easier for me to go and twist MAL's arm if things don't work than
> Federico's!

Actually, I think you'll have to go mxODBC/unixODBC on Unix. The
unixODBC driver manager ships with an ODBC driver for PostgreSQL.
Not sure about the iODBC manager. Of course, the mxODBC Zope DA
can work with both at the same time, if you need another driver
from iODBC.

If you need a commercial quality driver, OpenLink has one and
I think EasySoft offer one too.

BTW, we're working on a fix for the problem and release
mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.6 later today.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, May 14 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        41 days left