[Zope-DB] RE: [Zope] Examining Properties of Returned Object

Samir Mishra SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae
Tue, 20 May 2003 12:00:13 +0400

Thanks. I'll take a look at the book. Exactly what I was looking for.

Samir

-----Original Message-----
From: Dragos Chirila [mailto:d.chirila@bucarest.finsiel.ro]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 11:40
To: Samir Mishra
Subject: Re: [Zope] Examining Properties of Returned Object

Hi

In O'Reilly Python Cookbook is an article "Getting all members of a class
hierarchy". Here is the code:

def all_members(aClass):
    try:
        #try getting all relevant classes in method-resolution order
        mro = list(aClass.__mro__)
    except AttributeError:
        #if a class has no __mro__, then it's a classic class
        def getmro(aClass, recurse):
            mro = [aClass]
            for base in aClass.__bases__: mro.extend(recurse(base, recurse))
            return mro
        mro = getmro(aClass, getmro)
    mro.reverse()
    memebers = {}
    for someClass in mro: members.update(vars(someClass))
    return members

"The all_members function creates a dictionary that includes seach
member(such as methods and data attributes) of a class with the name as the
key and the class attribute value as the corresponding value."

If you have the book take a look 'cause there is more stuff.

i hope this will help

dragos