[Zope-DB] ZOracleDA / DCOracle2 error

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 17:51:01 EST 2003

Chris Withers wrote:

> Can anyone shed any light on this error:
>
>   File "Products/ZOracleDA/DCOracle2/DCOracle2.py", line 1238, in fetchall
>     v = self.fetchone(skip=skip)
>   File "ZOracleDA/DCOracle2/DCOracle2.py", line 1190, in fetchone
>     v = col[self._rcount].value()
> DatabaseError: (22060, 'OCI-22060: argument [2] is an invalid or
> uninitialized number')
>
> You may be able to reproduce it if you run the new DCOracle2 test suite
> on a CVS checkout of DCOracle2.

More info:

Zope 2.6.1
DCOracle2 - latest CVS
ZOracleDA - latest CVS
Oracle 8.1.7
Data loaded from ZOracleDA/test/scott.sql - latest CVS
Procedures loaded from ZOracleDA/test/procdeff.sql - latest CVS

In the above example, from ZOracleDA/test/test2.py, I have a minimal test case
SQL which will always fail:

select comm from emp

comm is a NUMBER(7,2) field, the interesting feature being that it has some NULL
values. Could this be triggering it off?

The same query fails with the same error through the test tab of a ZOracleDA
instance, as does:
select * from emp
...which fails in the same way, sometimes :-S

Through ZOracleDA's test tab, the queries will fail and succeed intermittently.
My only guess is that this is one thread that will always fail and another that
will always succeed.

But what could be the difference between the threads/connections?

I would submit this to the DCOracle2 tracker, but it's b0rked.

Can any Oracle gurus help out here?

cheers,

Chris