[Zope-DB] Re: sqlite problem

Martin Diers martin at diers.us
Thu Nov 13 23:49:01 EST 2003

This usually means that you have a runtime error in the file which is calling the SQL method. The
error occurs in the circumstance where you are calling a SQL method, and then assigning the result
in your ZPT/DTML/Script, but your calling file has a runtime error. When the runtime error occurs,
Zope will try to roll back the SQL transaction. In your case, this failed, and instead of
reporting the error in your ZPT/DTML/Script, you got the rollback error for the SQL method
instead, effectively hiding the underlying error.

I know this works for MySQL, and it probably works for Sqlite as well: If you a hyphen at the
beginning of your database connection string, you can turn off transaction processing. Then you
may attempt to run your update again. This should allow you to see the actual error that is
causing the problem.