Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Fri Oct 3 11:33:09 EDT 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 00:16, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Zope is *not* dropping connecetions for long running queries, unless
> you press the "minimize" button in "Control_Panel --> Database management
> --> Flush cache".

Well, maybe I am wrong, but Zope really drops the connections -- I had tested
it specially. Zope 2.6.2 and 2.7.b2 doing this -- I can show you. I had
tested it with Oracle. Just turn off the reconnect in __setstate__ of the
Connection.py and you will see it. Maybe it should not, but practically it
does. The same, when you put the connection class to the session. Strange,
that connections sometimes are dropped after few seconds or minutes, if you
do nothing. After you login several times with the same user, then
connections are not dropped because of cache and threads are keeping the
volatile attribute. But they are not dropped even you want they could be
dropped, untill "Flush Cache" is pressed on. But keep in mind, that usually
"Flush Cache" could not help either.

--
Regards, Bogdan M.Maryniuck

System programmer, Forbis UAB