[Zope-DB] dco2 and bind variables

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Oct 3 10:32:30 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew T. Kromer" <matt at ZOPE.COM>

> No :(
>
> The SQL methods have no concept of "bind."  I'd love to see SQL methods
> reworked to a format that tolerated binding.

well... almost... I have a way of using bindvars with ZSQL-methods... though
it involves External Commands, writing ZSQLs in a special way, rendering
ZSQL into strings and other hackish things... it should work and I have
tested most of the steps involved, but not all... for instance, I need to
figure out if I can pass a dictionary to DCO2's cursor.execute(query,
params) where params is a dictionary and have it bind to the bindvars in
query.

If so, then I have a solution that would work... most of the time anyway...
if not, the I have to rewrite my howto... Will look into it this weekend and
see if I can make it work all the way thru... if so, I  will post both the
steps and the necessary code...

/dario