[Zope-DB] How to do analysis? (was Re: Saga continues...)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Oct 3 16:57:27 EDT 2003

Matthew T. Kromer wrote at 2003-10-3 09:42 -0400:
 > For my part, from the RDBMS user's perspective, the way DCOracle2 handes
 > the Zope layer is very far from the ideal.  It really wants some kind of
 > connection manager object that is independant from the actual connection
 > objects used by threads, and controls and manages state for those
 > threads.

Why?

I am quite happy with the current architecture (apart from the
automatic connection in "__setstate__" which I have removed in our
Zope version).
The only bad thing I can see is that a few more connections
are opened than are strictly necessary.
This is only a problem when you have lots of DA instances
lying around (while you need only one per database).

Dieter