[Zope-DB] Parent property in SQL Var

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 13:40:37 EDT 2003

Hi Charlie,

Charlie Clark wrote:
>>Now we are tidying things up such that the necessary string is the
>>/title/ of the parent folder. I thought I could do:-
>>
>><dtml-sqlvar aq_parent/title type="string">
>>
>>...but I get an error indicating that "aq_parent/title" is invalid - what
>>am I missing?
>

> I don't think Path expressions work in <dtml var> and <dtml-sqlvar>. Check
> the docs for this but you might want just try aq_parent.title although I
> think a real expression is required.

I'm afraid that "aq_parent.title" also throws "Missing input variable".

When you say "real expression", I take it you mean I need to construct
something which grabs the parent's title and refer to that in the
sqlvar? Could that be something which could live in the root, and be
inherited? We've now got tho the point where in our zillions of parallel
sub-folders, the only repeated object is the "index_html" python script
(which you originally helped us with!), and if at all possible I'd like
to avoid duplicating anything else!

>>(For those who have tolerated my wingeing in the past - most of this is
>>starting to work for me now...)
>
> That's good to hear!

It's taken some time, but it all feels a lot better "lubricated" bow! <g>

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick