[Zope-DB] SQL Relay

Andreas Kaiser kaiser at xo7.de
Thu Oct 23 10:18:34 EDT 2003

--On Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2003 15:01 +0100 Chris Withers
<chrisw at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> Kent Hoxsey wrote:
>
>> I have had relatively good luck with SQL Relay (sqlrelay.sourceforge.net)
>> to manage connections in this manner. It also seems to provide
>> consolidator services, so I can manage access to multiple types of dbs
>> (MS-SQL, Oracle) from a single service.
>
> And how do you connect to SQL Relay from Zope?

It comes with it´s own DA: ZSQLRelayDA.

The reason why i tried SQLRelay, is that it supports switching users
without reconnecting to the DB-server on Oracle 8/9 Databases.
(see http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/oraclentier.html)

That way, i was able to write a hack to support 'per-user-connections'
(i.e. zope-user == oracle-user).

Andreas